Find in this entry everything you need to know and have for December exams.
Read carefully, work hard and study conscientiously.
Plan de Trabajo
A view from the Bridge
Choose a fragment from the play that contains between 8 and 12 exchanges and analyse the following:
- Language used by characters and how it defines them
- Thematic concerns
- Tone and atmosphere
Find evidence of the following concepts in the text and justify your choices with complete argumentation:
- Toast as a symbol
- Home as an uncanny space
- Nature striking back
- Conradin as point of alignment
- The maccabre
“Ming’s Biggest Prey”
Complete the speech bubbles in the file attached below.
Write an argumentative paragraph beginning with 1 (one) of the topic sentences below:
- The short story “The Phoenix” is a critique to capitalist societies.
- The text does poetic justice with its ending.
- Poldero is an uncanny character as he both hosts and is hostile to the animals in the aviary.
1- Choose 5 (different) literary devices we have worked with and find examples in the texts listed in the 3rd term content list.
2- Explain the effect/meaning each of the literary devices chosen has in the context of the poem the example was taken from.
NOTE: You may use the chart below to organise your responses to 1 and 2.
|Literary device||Example (text)||Effect / Meaning|