Commenting in blogs is about reading, thinking and responding. That’s the best way to keep interaction going and to create a positive working atmosphere.
When you make comments on blog posts, it is very important to follow the following guidelines:
- First and foremost, check your profile! Create an avatar and only reveal your first name. They will always be revealed whenever you write a comment.
- Beware of privacy! Do not share any personal information.
- Make sure you respond to the post by writing a meaningful and relevant comment.
- Use polite words and appropriate language.
- Leave a question so that you encourage on-going conversation.
- Proofread your comment. Read what you’ve written before you send your comment: Is it clear? Are ideas well organised? Did I stick to the topic? Can I correct any typo/ spelling mistake? Have I used punctuation marks where necessary?
- Have a look at other comments and respond to them as well as to the post: Do you agree or disagree with others? Why?
Happy blog commenting!