Watch the video, take down notes and answer the questions below.
– Who, would you say, is the persona in the poem? (Persona: voice, “I”, in the poem)
– Explain the tone (i.e. the attitude / feelings of the persona) in the text. Check the picture in this post to use suitable language to describe tone.
– What is each stanza about? Summarise each stanza into one sentence.
– Can you identify the theme in the poem?
– Find at least 3 literary devices and explain them.
– In your opinion, which is the most powerful line? Explain why.
– Do you fully agree with the analysis in the video? Why (not)?